Deputy Transport Manager – North Hampshire
Salary – £32,000 rising to £34,500 after 6 months + Attractive benefits package
Benefits package include:
- 28 days paid holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) increasing with each year of service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Eye Tests
- ADF is the UK’s largest provider of premium production facilities to the film and TV industry
- The company has a very close alignment with TV & video-on-demand serial productions, who demand high quality vehicles and support services. This market is rapidly growing and presenting huge opportunities.
- ADF operates and maintains a fleet of over 230 highest quality make-up, costume, and artiste trailers, together with mobile production offices, diners, school rooms and technical vehicles.
- ADF is the only high volume, UK-based operator to provide a fully managed, 24/7 service, with dedicated account management, and experienced operational staff at production locations to support the services provided. This is absolutely key for the global clients it now supports.
- Established in 1991, ADF now has unrivalled experience, and has established an enviable reputation in the market with a seasoned and capable management team, and a highly efficient operating model.
- Operating from a number of key geographic locations, with a head office in South Wales, and it’s main operational base close to the M25 at Bordon, Hampshire.
Based in our site in North Hampshire and reporting to the Transport Manager the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our Transport Management team. They will also work closely with our Operations Director, Logistics Manager, Account Managers, Finance Team and other depots.
They will be expected to have responsibility for all matters ensuring driver compliance and training along with some elements of Health & Safety.
- Assisting the Transport Manager with day to day driver management.
- Managing compliance via regular audits and weekly verification of driver’s hours regulations
- Develop the Driving team, providing skills and training to meet operational requirements and efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for the control of safety on the road and compliance across all sites via regular audits and weekly verification of driver’s hours regulations.
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is filed accurately and securely in line with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Conduct Base audits on a weekly basis – at least 3 per week where production levels allow.
- Training others to use the R2C system correctly, and monitoring its usage, taking remedial action to address any issues.
- Ensure accident and incident reporting policy and procedures are followed including referral to Insurers.
- Support and Lead the Pre-production Base Compliance meetings, coordinating with the HOD, Account Manager teams, and ensuring the Monday report is correct.
- Interview and select employees, ensuring a positive Induction to the company.
- Maintain and develop relationships with third party sub-contractors, agency staff and clients.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies within the site, recommending and implementing changes.
- Manage and task the Driver Training/Assessing team ensuring all assessments are carried out in a timely manner with relevant documentation recorded.
- Transport Manager CPC– you will be the one of the named CPC Managers for the site
- Knowledge of Operator Licence Regulations
- Experience of providing exceptional customer service
- Experience of Compliance Auditing Processes
- Flexible in working hours to ensure contact time with day, evening and weekend shifts and be available for ‘out of hours’ communication where the need arises.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- International Transport Managers CPC
- Knowledge of Fleet Maintenance Systems.
- Training experience and or qualification
If you would like to be considered for this unique opportunity, please submit your CV with a comprehensive cover letter telling us why this role is for you.