Facilities by ADF have an exciting opportunity for a Shunter Driver/Yard Operative to join their growing team in our purpose-built facility in Longcross, Surrey. £135 per day. Both Day and Night shift hours available.
Shunter Driver/Yard Operative – Main Responsibilities:
- To safely move vehicles and trailers from the parking area to the wash bay area and around the yard.
- Ensure that the correct procedures are adhered to when ‘hitching and unhitching’ the unit to the trailer and to ensure that the trailer is securely loaded
- If necessary to deliver to a customer, depot, garage or test centre
- Puts safety first and respects all other road users
- Diligent in ensuring driver and vehicle checks are completed correctly
- Self – motivated with a positive attitude and extremely reliable
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of all ADF trailers to the standards required.
- Work in conjunction with Yard Manager
- Report any defects or damage found whilst working on trailers to Yard Manager.
- Complete check sheets when trailers are cleaned, sign off & give to Yard Manager.
- Be aware & follow the company’s Chlorination process.