Based in our site in Longcross, Surrey and reporting to the National Fleet Manager the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting our Fleet Management team. They will also work closely with our Head of Fleet, Logistics Manager, Account Managers, Finance Team and other operating centres throughout the UK.
They will be expected to have responsibility for all matters relating to Fleet & Driver compliance and training along with some elements of Health & Safety.
- Assisting the National Fleet Manager with day to day driver management.
- Managing compliance via regular audits and weekly verification of driver’s hours regulations
- Develop the Driving team, providing skills and training to meet operational requirements and efficiency improvements.
- Responsible for the control of safety on the road and compliance across all sites via regular audits and weekly verification of driver’s hours regulations.
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is filed accurately and securely in line with General Data Protection Regulations.
- Conduct Base audits on a weekly basis – at least 3 per week where production levels allow.
- Training others to use the R2C system correctly, and monitoring its usage, taking remedial action to address any issues.
- Ensure accident and incident reporting policy and procedures are followed including referral to Insurers.
- Support and Lead the Pre-production Base Compliance meetings, coordinating with the HOD, Account Manager teams, and ensuring the Monday report is correct.
- Interview and select employees, ensuring a positive Induction to the company.
- Maintain and develop relationships with third party sub-contractors, agency staff and clients.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies within the site, recommending and implementing changes.
- Manage and task the Driver Training/Assessing team ensuring all assessments are carried out in a timely manner with relevant documentation recorded.