We are looking for a customer focused Fleet Maintenance Manager to effectively manage the workshop within a rapidly growing serviced hire and rental business. You must be a strong leader with a continuous improvement mind set and be familiar with change management.
The site operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To succeed, you will have a keen eye for attention to detail and must be able to meet all last minute customer requests whilst remaining calm under the pressure so that excellent standards of customer service, efficiency and performance are always achieved.
- To undertake management control of both external service providers, inhouse workshop & mobile technicians.
- Ensure full legal compliance in all areas to include service, maintenance, repair, MOT, and tachograph compliance.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the fleet, maintenance budgets
- Manage & control expenditure to ensure the fleet is fully maintained and operate in full legal compliance whilst managing maintenance costs within the agreed fleet budgets.
- Manage maintenance spend -v- maintenance budget
- SMR pence per kilometre per vehicle
- SMR pence per kilometre by vehicle type
- Manage, audit of Tyre Casing bank, ensuring all rebates and discounts are applied
- Report on vehicle availability v vehicle of road statistics
- Undertake external supplier performance reviews quarterly
- Review random external supplier invoices for correct information and charges
- Undertake external supplier audits annually
- Negotiate parts agreements, with preferential rates with main dealer and independent parts supply routes.
- Review, plan and allocate work activities for internal workshop and mobile technicians.
- Review plan and allocate work activities with external maintenance providers
- Review workshop technicians’ performance v allocated hours
- Fleet maintenance department personnel annual reviews and personal development plans.
- Manage workshop operating costs, ensuring overheads are managed in accordance with agreed fleet budgets.
- Must keep their own competence up to date and undertake mechanical duties as and when the business requires.
- Manage all aspects of Health and Safety to ensure that all company employees activities comply with the company’s Health and Safety and ISO company procedures.
- Engage with all necessary audits for all areas of compliance and develop improvements, develop, and implement safe working procedures, and where necessary undertake investigations into near miss or incident events.
- To provide support to Operations & Accounts Management Team, including Updates on Vehicle Availability, Vehicle Product Issues, Vehicle Planning etc.
- To provide financial and performance data/analysis/reports, including workshop and fleet operational solutions as requested by the Head of Fleet.
- Management of business development plans ensuring they are achieved in line with Company strategies.